Sunday January 3, 2016
As the first entry of 2016, I am at a loss for what I should be writing about here. Reflect on 2015 or discuss my dreams for 2016? Gratitude is important but so is goal setting. There seems to be a definite ying and yang quality to all of this. An internal tug-of-war.
Perhaps, it’s important to stew all memories and dreams in one big pot and keep the flame underneath blue and bright. In order for me to have wonderful memories that I can look back on fondly, I must create them first, right? And if I follow my dreams/goals, then that should create the aforementioned memories?
So where to begin? Baby steps is the only way I’m going to be able to do this. Otherwise, it seems too daunting. Work on at least 1 of my 5 values everyday in some way. So, Family, Health, Marriage, Independence, Personal Growth.
- Learn everyday at work. – Should be easy to do; markets love teaching me.
- Spend time at gym and pre-planning meals
- Take turns between 1 on 1 with different family members and entire family gatherings.
- Date nights/trips with Raj
- Write more
- Build-out F4F into a real, comprehensive corporation
- Make time for friends and acquaintances
- Sleep well
- Meditate and/or Pray
- Read books
So plan is to do as many of the above everyday for the next 363 days. Why don’t you do one and share it as well. It’ll keep us all motivated!